Wednesday, February 15, 2012

New chapter part 2

I hope you enjoyed part 1. Part 2 is here and is waiting to be read! Please enjoy~

----------------------

Mika lost it. Tears ran down her cheeks as her face slowly turned red from laughing so hard. Sam just stared at her co-worker in disbelief.

“Really?!” She said as she glared at the woman sitting across from her. “You were just kissed by a friend of the guy you liked for over a year. The same guy whose current goal is to get you to fall back in love with him in the next 3 months, and all you can comment on is his English ability!”

The longer Sam talked, the higher her voice got until it had a hysterical quality to it.

A reddish hue stained Hannah’s cheeks.

“Well,” she began as her cheek continued to redden. “I almost said ‘now we know he is not a complete herbivore’, but the English comment slipped out first.”

Apparently two of them were going to die tonight because Sam looked like she was going to stab Hannah with one of her chopsticks while Mika was hunched over muttering “I can’t breathe” in between laughing fits.

“You two are crazy,” Sam muttered with a shake of her head.

“But you love us anyways,” Mika chirped cheerfully. She turned to Hannah and a devious grin slipped onto her face. “So what did he whisper to you,” she asked as she propped by her head on her hand. “With how shocked you looked, it must have been hot.”

Hannah shook her head. “Not so much hot as unexpected. He asked me to choose him over Mamoru because he is ‘better for me.’”

The stunned look on the other women’s faces was becoming the theme of the night.

“Wow,” Mika finally said. “Didn’t know he had it in him.” Out of all the guys there, I think he is the one we had the least contact with.”

“I know right!”

“So what are you going to do?” Sam interrupted before the two friends could get way of track. “Are you going to take him up on the offer?”

“I don’t know.” Resting her head on her folded arms, Hannah let her eyes slip shut. “I’m not sure what I feel about either guy at the moment.

There is Mamoru, the first guy I’ve been seriously interested in. For awhile I had fantasies of us being happy in a long-term relationship. But I know now that fantasies are all they’ll ever be. So I tried to move on. “

“Makes sense.”

“But after his recent confession and self-imposed challenge, I don’t know what to think. I want to believe that he really does love me and that the last year and a half haven’t been a waste. But..” Hannah sighed and sat back up. “I don’t know if I can trust him.”

Mika nodded in agreement. “Yeah. He doesn’t have the greatest track record when it comes to sticking to his word.”

“I also am afraid it is temporary,” Hannah added. “He is interested in me now, but the minute he gets me, there is the chance he’ll lose interested. I mean that is true for all relationships, but I am almost expecting him to do it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment