Wednesday, February 15, 2012

New chapter part 4

I am on a roll now! I have written an update for the new chapter. Nothing too crazy this time but some important decisions were made in this update. Please read and enjoy.

-------------------

Hannah snatched her phone back. “Really?! You guys find that sarcastic answer hot?”

“Yup,” they answered simultaneously. The two smirked and high-fived each other. “Gotta love a man who will offer to be your bad boy,” Mika added.

“Well, I don’t think it’s funny,” Hannah grumbled as she typed up a response.

{I know what a kiss is! Why did you kiss me? Wait!

You and Mamoru talked about me? Why?}

Sam rolled her eyes as Hannah was sending the message. “Yeah, sure you don’t,” she said with a snort. “I bet that if Mamoru sent you that message, you’d think it was hot.”

A chill went through Hannah freezing her on the spot. Would I be okay with it if Mamoru sent that message? How would I react if it was from him instead of Ryuusuke?

The soft trill of her cell phone pulled Hannah back into the moment. Flipping open the phone, she read the message and felt her face heat up with embarrassment.

[Out of all the things in that message, you bring up the part

about Mamoru? I am really starting to think I’ll never have a

chance against him. T^T Are you free tomorrow? Maybe

we can have lunch and talk about tonight and us?]

“He wants to have lunch tomorrow to talk about everything,” she said after re-reading the message a couple of times. Looking up at her friends, she threw them a helpless look. “What should I do?”

“Go!” Sam said instantly. “Don’t hesitate. Say yes!”

“But what about Mamoru?”

“Hannah, what has Mamoru done that deserves such loyalty,” Mika asked with an oddly serious expression on her face. “Because in my opinion all he has done is play with your emotions, made false promises, and caused you to cry multiple times. There was a time when I was cheering for you’d make a cute couple. But now I think it’d be better if you have a little contact with him a possible. All he is going to do is hurt you again and again.”

The table went silent as everyone considered Mika’s words. Honestly, Hannah agreed with everything the other woman said; it was nothing that she hadn’t told herself in the past. So why couldn’t she forget Mamoru? Why couldn’t she let go? Maybe she needed a distraction..

“Well,” Hannah said finally. “Herbivores haven’t been working out so well for me. Maybe it is time to try a carnivore.”

“Right! That’s what We’ve been saying!”

Ignoring Mika’s comment, Hannah quickly typed a response to Ryuusuke’s message.

{You were the one to bring him up. ;P Yes, I am free tomorrow.

Sure, let’s meet. Where should we meet? What time is good?}

“You’d better be glad I’m such a good friend,” Mika teased when Hannah flipped her phone shut.

“Huh? Why’s that?”

“Because if I wasn't, I’d totally try to steal Ryuusuke from you.”

“Umm Mika? You’re the one that gave me the speech that encouraged me to accept Ryuusuke’s invitation. That was the perfect chance to steal him away.”

“Hence why you should be glad I am such a good friend.”

You two are so stupid!” Sam groaned. Her forehead was buried in the palm of one hand while the caressed the cocktail sitting beside her. “Hannah, check your phone. I heard it ring.”

No comments:

Post a Comment